Garden furniture. Decisions, decisions. . .

 My Son and I don’t go out in the garden much. I really want to make the most of the good weather approaching, so I think lunch in the garden at weekends will be nice to start off with, and as the weather improves we can have tea in the garden in the evenings. 

Friends have just bought a really lovely bistro set. I love it, but need something robust. (My Son is autistic and amongst the many things that I have to be mindful of, is the fact that he doesn’t just sit normally as we do. He kind of drops. All his weight goes down in one go and without any consideration for what he is sitting on - he just doesn’t understand. Sofas have had to be reinforced, his previous bed was reinforced too.) But I want something nice. I don’t want metal chairs. I am thinking that you get what you pay for, so I’m having to raise our budget. I can’t afford to do this twice and my Nan used to say “don’t throw good money after bad”.

So, I have been looking online at bistro sets. Due to covid and brexit there are huge delays on items being imported. I can’t find a sturdy bistro set within our budget that is made in the UK. I need to get my finger out pdq! This is the one I have got in mind ...


It is the same set my friends have... Hartman

I want something that is comfy for eating a meal at but also just for sitting and reading /crocheting / sewing etc. I can’t get to a garden centre to have a look around until next week when we will have a carer. (My Son can’t cope with going out at the moment, everything is too overwhelming for him and he has meltdowns. It isn’t pretty either, as he is 25 and 6’2”. Good old autism and anxiety)

I’m not keen on the cushions, but I can make new covers, so that isn’t a big issue, and I have already seen some canvas type fabric that I like. We have got a lovely gazebo that can go up and I think an outdoor rug would be nice too, so it just looks like another room. Hopefully my Son will accept that and won’t feel anxious out there. I already have some solar lights that will look fab hanging from the gazebo too. 

What garden furniture have you got / can recommend / wouldn’t recommend ? 

Have you got a garden rug? Would you recommend? 

I’m interested to hear from you. 

Hopefully my next post will reveal my choices and a delivery date!

Until then, take care. 

Love Karen x  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping for the male in your life . . .

Let's see how it goes . . .

Been so busy . . .