Let's see how it goes . . .

 Hello!

Welcome to what is a light-hearted blog about hobbies, passions, general observations and some odd song lyrics/poems thrown in here and there, a bit of travel stuff and my two cats Rocco and Quinn.


My main hobby is crocheting, but I generally try to have a go at anything I like the look of. I am about to dip into the world of dressmaking and hoping it will be a success as I'm not keen on shopping and can never seem to find something I totally like, and I end up compromising when I really don't want to. 

Anyway. I have been crocheting a amigurumi greyhound. It is for a fundraiser for Greyhound Gap, which is a Greyhound rescue based in Staffordshire, UK. All the small stitches have made my hands and fingers ache, so I have taken a small break and tried my hand at origami this week.  I found a couple of simple tutorials on youtube and made a heart, a flower, and a crane. They aren't perfect, but for my first efforts I'm happy with them.

Here is the link for the heart on youtube 

https://youtu.be/p8jRG0mXsWc


As you can see, they are basic, but I'm pleased with them.



This is one of my amigirumi greyhounds from a previous Christmas fundraiser for Greyhound Gap. He had some mistletoe on his ear and a glitzy bow around his neck.


Each one I crochet is different . . .


Let me know what you think of my first blog post. I am a technophobe so I'm learning as I go along. I need to learn how to add links and photos etc as I don't know how I managed to do what I have done already!!!

Karen x












Comments

  1. Hi Karen! Lovely amiguri! I I haven't tried amiguri yet. But hope to soon. I love origami. It is so relaxing and satisfying! I am looking forward to seeing your makes. Love from Lily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping for the male in your life . . .

Been so busy . . .